It’s time for Publishers to explore how they can sell better and more with a secure and scalable cloud-based eBook distribution platform
Authors and publishers today have found the Internet an ideal platform to publish their content in the form of eBooks, and thus reach a wider and global audience. The easy availability of smartphones and tablets has further improved the market for eBooks, giving people the perfect opportunity to read anywhere, anytime while on the move. Thus, creating a perfect business case for publishers to invest in a secure and efficient eBook distribution platform.
While the online world offers a plethora of opportunities, one has to tread with caution. The Internet is hard to regulate which means eBooks titles and authors risk copyright infringement of their work once it is published online. In fact, cases of copyright and intellectual property infringements have prompted the development of Digital Rights Management (DRM) software to act as a protective barrier against all types of file sharing. DRM thus provides online content protection to authors, publishers and distributors to safeguard their intellectual capital.
If you are a publisher or distributor of eBooks, here are ten ways how you can benefit by upgrading to a DRM-protected eBook distribution platform.
- Safeguard your proprietary eBooks/content: A DRM software prevents users from copying, printing and sharing eBook content. If your eBook is DRM-protected, you can make sure that people are buying it and not just copying, printing or sharing it. And each sale of your eBook translates into more revenue for your efforts.
- Reduced chances of piracy: A DRM-protected eBook also reduces chances of piracy since no part of your work can be copied and used by another author or publisher for their use. The DRM restricts the copy-paste feature, so there is limited opportunity to lift text.
- 24×7 online & offline access to eBooks: Since DRM is hosted on a cloud platofrm, you can distribute your eBooks to your readers for online & offline reading. It provides 24×7 online & offline access to eBooks. Once downloaded book readers have the flexibility to read them anytime anywhere any device.
- Manage single/multiple users: You can manage your eBooks users easily on a DRM protected eBook distribution platform. This feature has become important in recent times as eBooks are increasingly being used to support traditional classroom teaching. The DRM software support features that allow instructors to group users, for example, an entire class, and assign content.
- Your brand-customized eReaders: You can also distribute eBooks through your apps. Take the case of Amazon. Customers who buy their ebooks also need to buy their eReaders to read them on. Along the same lines, as an author, all you need to do is submit your manuscript, and the relevant DRM will be programmatically applied. Readers can then access your work through unique digital codes on your app.
- Multi-device distribution: DRM- protected eBooks can be viewed on a complete range of platforms be in desktop, notebook, tablet or smartphone. For authors, publishers and distributors this translates into a wider audience reach, and thereby, increased sales and revenues.
- Lending facilities: While DRM restricts copy-pasting and sharing of files, it also provides configurable protection to allow you to deliver content for lending. As an author or publisher, you retain complete control over your work so you can either sell it or share it.
- Seamless integration: DRM can also be seamlessly integrated with existing LMS, libraries systems, and websites to help authors and publishers discover new markets and adopt new business models based on eBook distribution and subscription patterns.
- Create additional revenue channels: You can also license your eBooks to educational institutions who can then distribute them to instructors and end learners, on a revenue model. In-app purchase can be offered as a payment option to convert browsers to buyers.
- Easy to navigate features: The distribution platform and customer interface can be custom-design of fonts and colors based on your branding and marketing needs. Additional features such as search titles, bookmarks, zoom and more can also be included for better user experience.
Convinced of the benefits of DRM-protected eBook distribution platform?
Talk to us to find a perfect solution to safeguard your digital content. Experience Kitaboo, our cloud-based eBook distribution platform that caters to distribution needs of more than 150+ publishers worldwide.