This week I finished 3 months as part of Kitaboo sales team. During the past 12 weeks, I would have attended some 58 customer meetings (in-person, conf. calls, product-demos, etc.) and consistently in all these meetings, I get to hear a few things. And this small write-up is about that.
What customers like about Kitaboo
I have heard existing customers, and even people to whom we show Kitaboo for the 1st time..every single type of customer liked a few things about our platform.
- All of our customers love the Kitaboo eReader The rendering is fast, faster than any other eBook reader out there. We have native readers, online readers for PC/MAC and we have off-line readers and our customer love the options and seamless experience.
- Both our existing customers both and prospects like the richness and interactivitieswhich are possible on Kitaboo. From multi-media ingestion to assessment widgets and custom interactivities, our customers love the unlimited possibilities with Kitaboo enrichment.
- Another top item on the list is the whole “User-generated-content”, the collaboration piece, how a learner can take notes, highlights and share with the fellow learners or instructor/teacher. This is like writing and highlighting right over a paper book and then sharing it with others. And you can do all this even in an offline mode. Readers love it and so do our customers whether in the publishing industry or training delivery.
What most customer typically ask about Kitaboo
Like any tech product, which is around for years, is used by many customers and is full of features, Kitaboo sometimes seems quite broad in scope for our prospects. There are things which get asked most during our product demos.
- On-premise- Can you install Kitaboo in our premises- Simple answer: NO, …Kitaboo is a cloud-based platform, and it sits in the cloud. We want to make it faster, cleaner, simpler and bug-free. And we can only do it if we have to manage one build, one code-base and offer maximum features to all our customers. The expand-ability and robustness which comes from a cloud installation can never come from an On-premise solution.
- How is it priced? – Kitaboo is a SaaS platform, you bring print content, and it helps you enrich it. The platform provides content creation, distribution and lot of user services. The reader apps (native and online) provide amazing end-user experience. And the pricing like any SaaS platform is a monthly license fee…how much? That depends upon how many active users you have. Simple, isn’t it?
- Is it a self-publishing platform? Yes, and No…the whole platform has been designed for you to create beautiful mobile-ready content. And all of it with some simple mouse-clicks. So from that perspective, it’s a self-publishing platform. But we have built it for businesses….companies whose business revolve around content. If you are an indie author or a hobbyist, there are a lot of other choices for you, you are welcome to try Kitaboo but it might not be the right platform for you unless you are in the business of creating content.
What is coming next in Kitaboo
And finally, most of our conversations end with what’s coming next. A lot of things! The next few weeks are exciting for us and for our customers. We are coming up Kitaboo Author (a separate blog on it soon!)- you’ll be able to create fresh content within Kitaboo. Our readers will be accessibility compliance ready. The whole analytics will be revamped and the list goes on & on…. so stay tuned to our blog section, we are going to put up some cool updates very soon.
Till then, keep creating beautiful content with Kitaboo!
Liked what you read? Send us your feedback or ask for a demo of KITABOO here.
WANT TO KNOW HOW KITABOO WORKS?
Kitaboo is a cloud-based content platform to create-publish-distribute interactive mobile-ready content.
You May Also Like
The 7 Sins of Digital Content Distribution in 2023
Blog,Digital Publishing,eBook solution / February 7, 2023
Latest posts by Mike Harman (see all)
- How is Mobile Learning Evolving in the Digital World? - May 16, 2023
- KITABOO Edit – An Author-Friendly e-Proofing Platform - May 15, 2023
- 10 Best Apps to Read PDF Books on Android Devices - May 14, 2023