With the emergence of digital technologies, the static PDF ebook evolved to a more interactive one encompassing audio, video, graphics, and presentations. Gamification and micro-learning content further upped the game, emerging as powerful teacher tools, thus, making learning journeys all the more inclusive, immersive, and engaging. As technologies evolve, so also does the learning experience. In the traditional classroom, the instructor delivered the lesson, and the students soaked up the information, aided by their textbooks and some static teaching aids. However, new age tools and modern pedagogical practices are now putting the learners in the center of the learning experience, in learning environments in which they are not passive recipients of knowledge; rather, they can control their own learning journeys. In sync with this, teaching methods too have undergone a significant change enabled by teacher tools that help to deliver a powerful learning experience.
What are the Latest Teacher Tools in EdTech?
KITABOO, a leading digital publishing platform, trusted by some of the biggest names in the educational and corporate sector, incorporates powerful teacher tools that greatly add to the learning experience. Here, in this article, we look at some of the innovative teacher tools incorporated by KITABOO.
Jamboard: KITABOO integrates with a third-party app such as Google Jamboard, a digital interactive whiteboard with a touchscreen that can be used for online collaboration among instructors and learners. The jam board can be used in both synchronous and asynchronous learning environments to work collaboratively in whole class or small group settings. You can insert images, and sticky notes, draw, create shapes, add text, and do just more to the notes on the whiteboard.
Pen tools: The pen tool is another powerful teacher tool, allowing the instructor to create graphical representations and vector graphics using mathematical points and curves.
Flashcards: A powerful teacher tool, a flashcard has a cue or hint on the front side and the answer on the back. An AI-driven flashcard is an interesting innovation in Kitaboo. The software creates these flashcards automatically, based on the subject under study, to support teaching. Teachers can use flashcards as teaching aids to introduce scientific symbols, historical dates, traffic signs, currencies, and more.
AI-driven tools: More than just a digital publishing platform, Kitaboo is powered by emerging technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, and machine learning, enabling teachers to provide more constructive learning experiences. With these teacher tools, you can:
- Collate information: It may that you are teaching about the circulatory system in biology. As a teacher, you may wish to go beyond the textbook and collect information from other online resources to clarify the concept. Rather than doing this process manually, you can simply enter the names of the ebooks/articles and the page numbers, and Kitaboo would automatically collate the information in a document ready for your use.
- Automated assessments: Assessments are integral to any teaching process. They are a means to know how well the learners have assimilated the knowledge and also identify knowledge gaps. Kitaboo automates the assessment process, in that it can create and mark the assessment questions, sparing teachers the time to do this manually. While grading and scoring the responses, in case of an incorrect response, it also recommends additional material or portion of the module that learners can revisit and gain an accurate understanding of the subject.
- Reinforce concepts: Teachers have to spend a lot of time reinforcing the lessons. Kitaboo is an important teacher tool in aiding reinforcement. Kitaboo leverages AI, machine learning, and data analytics, and summarizes the lessons under study in the form of notes which students can refer to time and again to revise. The summaries can also be in the form of audio files which learners can listen to while on the move. Once again, these automated tasks relieve teachers of manual labor, allowing them to focus on the learners and the lesson.
Data analysis and reporting: In a traditional classroom, it is very difficult for the teacher to monitor the learning journey of each student individually. Kitaboo includes powerful analytical tools that collate and analyze data in real-team recording learners’ interaction with the digital content and also the data generated from assessments etc. Data visualization tools then present the findings effectively, allowing the teachers to derive insights to further improve their teaching and gauge the performance of each learner individually.
Other cutting-edge tools: Kitaboo also offers powerful annotation tools allowing both teachers and students to highlight content, make notes, and add comments. Besides, you can also use features such as bookmarks, thumbnail navigation, page navigation, jump to page, glossary, and resume where you left the lesson, amongst other features.
Today, the role of an LMS or digital publishing tool has extended beyond creating and distributing content. Emerging technologies such as machine learning, Artificial Intelligence, and Big Data are playing a crucial role in enabling personalized learning experiences, thus, ensuring a level playing field for learners of all ability types.
KITABOO, an AI-driven digital publishing tool, provides an interesting range of teacher tools to support education and automate time-consuming processes. It is commonly observed that teachers refer to several books to collate material to clarify concepts. Rather than collate all such material manually, you simply have to enter the page numbers of the digital books and the tool will automatically collate the material, making it ready for sharing with students. Then again, based on the subject under study, Kitaboo will provide additional titles for your reference. The tool can create and grade assessments, and for each incorrect response, recommend portions in text or additional materials which learners can use to course correct. Freed from such tasks, the teachers can focus their efforts on teaching and interacting with students. Kitaboo also has more cutting-edge teacher tools, features, and capabilities to personalize teaching. Besides, it also includes a host of analytical and reporting tools that can trace learners’ performance in real-time, thereby, providing insights for corrective action. This teacher support tool therefore greatly helps to enhance teaching leading to greater learning outcomes. To know more, please write to us at email@example.com
Discover How An Ebook Conversion, Publishing & Distribution Platform Can Help You
Kitaboo is a cloud-based content platform to create-publish & securely distribute interactive mobile-ready ebooks.
You May Also Like
Top 5 Sites for eBook Templates
Blog,Digital Publishing,eBook solution,Education Technology / October 7, 2022
Latest posts by Nayan Goenka (see all)
- What are the Effective Teacher Tools Adopted by KITABOO? - January 24, 2023
- Your Comprehensive Guide to Learning Experience Platforms and Why You Need One? - August 30, 2022
- How Can Technology Help Improve Teaching Efficacy in a Classroom? - August 9, 2022