The Emphasis of User On-Boarding @ Kitaboo
Every enterprise software is not just a $$ investment for a company but its an emotional investment too. And that’s what we feel at Kitaboo- digital content publishing platform. Kitaboo is a workflow application and it becomes integral part of our customer’s day-to-day work. And as Tomasz tries to explain his blog here,
“workflow applications enable workers to do work”
Kitaboo helps both Digital Publishing companies and Training Delivery organizations do their work more effectively and in turn result in more business, more revenue and more customers for them.
And that is why when we start any new prospect discussion, we focus on user-on boarding and user- experience. Our sales team is coached to close deals but we are also trained to let our users try using platform as much as they want before one sign-up. Someone coming to our website doesn’t find any trial period or a free sign-up ….why? because there is none, we want our customers to try using our platform as much as they want.
We have a multi-step On-Boarding process, the moment you fill up the inquiry form following happens usually,
- One of us sends you an email with few HD videos introducing Kitaboo. Some of them are already there on our You tube channel and we are adding more as we speak. This usually gives our prospects a glimpse of what our platform is all about.
- Next comes the brief demo- this is a usually a 20-min conversation where we want to demonstrate how your end users will experience content once you run it through the platform. The enrichment, inter-activities and user-generated content, is what we focus in our 20-min conversation. The iOS and Andriod native readers are most popular user-interfaces which most of our prospects like to see.
- And next comes the more detailed, technical stuff- This is where the discussions start going into our content creation, enrichment and distribution. It takes us about 45 minutes to run an interactive and engaging platform demo. The whole Do-It-yourself starts getting live during this conversation.
- Most of our customers are ready to sign-up at this stage but we like them to run the a PoC (proof of concept), its more work for our production teams but we dont mind. We want you to drive your Cadillac for few days before you buy, see how it looks in your garage, get the real feel. You know what i mean, just see your own content go live on Kitaboo.
- And we finally priority On-Board you to the new world of responsive mobile ready content platform. One of our Customer Success managers signs up to the platform and gets you started.
Sometimes we feel the long drawn on-boarding process increases our sales cycle, may be we can cut a step or two, reduce our lead to sign-up process. But we are a happy bunch the way it is, with current process most of our customer start using Kitaboo like its part of their workflow for long. It reduces our customer training time, this gives them enough room to prepare for integration with internal systems. And that’s why we have customers who are using the platform year after year, some for more than 5 years.
So next time you visit Kitaboo website don’t forget to ask for your free demo here, we love showing what we have created and i am sure you’ll love it too.
Latest posts by Nitin Khanna (see all)
- Frankfurt Book Fair 2016 – Opening - September 29, 2016
- Build your Sales Training App using Kitaboo - September 19, 2016
- 5 Simple Tricks for Fast and Accurate PDF to ePub Conversion – Part 2 - September 9, 2016