Here's the Emphasis of User On-Boarding at Kitaboo
Every enterprise software is not just a $$ investment for a company but its an emotional investment too. And that’s what we feel at Kitaboo- digital content publishing platform. Kitaboo is a workflow application and it becomes an integral part of our customer’s day-to-day work. And as Tomasz tries to explain his blog here,
“workflow applications enable workers to do work”
And that is why when we start any new prospect discussion, we focus on user on boarding and user- experience. Our sales team is coached to close deals but we are also trained to let our users try using the platform as much as
they want before one sign-up. Someone coming to our website doesn’t find any trial period or a free sign-up ….why? because there is none, we want our customers to try using our platform as much as they want.
We have a multi-step On-Boarding process, the moment you fill up the inquiry form following happens usually,
- One of us sends you an email with a few HD videos introducing Kitaboo. Some of them are already there on our You tube channel and we are adding more as we speak. This usually gives our prospects a glimpse of what our platform is all about.
- Next comes the brief demo- this is a usually a 20-min conversation where we want to demonstrate how your end users will experience content once you run it through the platform. The enrichment, inter-activities and user-generated content, is what we focus on our 20-min conversation. The iOS and Andriod native readers are the most popular user-interfaces which most of our prospects like to see.
- And next comes the more detailed, technical stuff- This is where the discussions start going into our content creation, enrichment and distribution. It takes us about 45 minutes to run an interactive and engaging platform demo. The whole Do-It-yourself starts getting live during this conversation.
- Most of our customers are ready to sign-up at this stage but we like them to run the PoC (proof of concept), it’s more work for our production teams but we don’t mind. We want you to drive your Cadillac for a few days before you buy, see how it looks in your garage, get the real feel. You know what i mean, just see your own content go live on Kitaboo.
- And we finally priority On-Board you to the new world of the responsive mobile ready content platform. One of our Customer Success managers signs up to the platform and gets you started.
Sometimes we feel the long drawn on-boarding process increases our sales cycle, maybe we can cut a step or two, reduce our lead to the sign-up process. But we are a happy bunch the way it is, with current process most of our customer start using Kitaboo like its part of their workflow for long. It reduces our customer training time, this gives them enough room to prepare for integration with internal systems. And that’s why we have customers who are using the platform year after year, some for more than 5 years.
So next time you visit Kitaboo website don’t forget to ask for your free demo here, we love showing what we have created and i am sure you’ll love it too.
You May Also Like
Latest posts by Mike Harman (see all)
- How to Choose the Best SDK for your Custom eBook Platform - February 20, 2020
- Difference between WCAG, Section 508 and ADA – Tools of Web Accessibility - February 13, 2020
- 5 Reasons Why Publishers should opt for eBook Distribution Services - February 4, 2020