The transition from physical books to eBooks has seen a sharp upward trend in recent times. Students tend to enjoy reading more on digital devices compared to printed books as they are much more convenient. However, you’ll need the best eBook apps to make the digital reading experience enjoyable as well as interactive.
In this blog, we are going to list the best eBook apps for education that can assure you a great reading experience -
Compatible with Android, Windows and iOS, KITABOO is an interactive eBook app for education. The app allows students to easily download eBooks and read them anytime on their devices with its robust offline reading feature. Complete with interactive features and multimedia elements, KITABOO offers an engaging reading experience to its users.
The following are some of the other key highlights of KITABOO –
- Features an autoplay option that allows students to open the book and read-aloud page by page making it accessibility-friendly
- The app accepts most of the file formats and lets you do multiple things, including making notes, highlight text, bookmark pages, and more
- KITABOO eBook app supports audio, video as well as images to provide an interactive learning experience to readers
Also Read: 9 Best Cross-Platform eBook Readers
2. Aldiko Book Reader
Aldiko book reader is the perfect eBook app for books in PDF and ePub formats. The key highlight of the app is that it does not automatically save a book and hence does not take up memory space. The app is available for Android tablets and phones.
Below are some of the other features of Aldiko –
- The app provides users with several options to adjust the font size, background settings and font face to suit their specific needs
- Aldiko supports different formats, including Adobe DRM encrypted eBooks
- Boasts of an extensive feature set to enhance the overall reading experience
- Connects to Dropbox to help you install Aldiko on multiple devices, keeps all your books in one place
- Features easy navigation to allow students to find their books easily and enjoy hours of reading
3. FB Reader
FB Reader is a popular eBook reader app for students. It can synchronize your library, bookmarks, and more with its Google Drive-based cloud service.
Among some of the key features of the app are –
- Adjustable fonts and screen brightness
- Multiple formats available including plain text, HTML, ePub, .zip, MS Word, and RTF
- The app has a browser available to access different network eBook catalogues and stores
Designed specifically for iOS and iPadOS, KyBook offers students access to multiple book catalogs and also allows them to incorporate books from folders saved on their device or other cloud-based storage platforms.
Below are some of the other key features of the app –
- Supports a range of formats including PDF, ePUB, mobi, text, and RTF
- Allows you to change the font style, color theme and text
- Offers text search features along with an option to set a timer when you want to stop reading
- The app also lets the students view bookmarks, chapter headings, notes, and other items
5. Bluefire Reader
Available for multiple platforms, including Android and iOS, this eBook app provides multiple features including highlighting, note-taking, text searching, bookmarking, and much more.
Below are some of the other highlights of Bluefire Reader –
- Allows customization of display and reading settings to cater to the specific reading requirements
- The app offers a page sync feature that allows students to read across devices without losing track of the current page
- The platform has a day/night mode which enables reading in low light
- The Bluefire Reader also offers in-app browsing and a download feature to make reading easy and enjoyable
6. Cool Reader
Cool Reader is another well-known eBook app for education. It offers multiple features including a fully customizable palette, smooth scrolling and text formatting for any font size to make reading enjoyable.
Below are some of the key features of Cool Reader –
- Provides text-to-speech for free
- The app offers information on various parameters including page count, percentage read and chapter marks at the top of the screen
- It supports a wide range of file formats including HTML, RTF, ePub, fb2, txt, and more
- Offers an easy day/night feature with two different sets of colours, background and backlight levels for easy and convenient reading
7. Onyx Boox Note Pro
Onyx Boox Note Pro is another good choice among e-readers for this category. Completely scratch-resistant, the device is equipped to handle pressure and weight quite well, making it an excellent option for students.
Below are some of the other features that the device offers –
- Lightweight yet resistant
- Available in two different sizes and offers a range of impressive features
- Large screen to offer a flexible display and sharper and clearer image
- Features bookmark, annotation and dictionary options while reading
- The menu choices in the device allows students to take handwritten notes and access files
8. Barnes & Noble Nook
One of the popular eBook readers for students, it features a warm, color-changing light that can be adjusted as per students’ needs during use.
Below are some of the other features of the device –
- Boasts of a physical page-turn button for ease of reading
- Supports multiple formats including ePUB, HTML, .zip, MS Word, and RTF
- The device offers a big screen and an adjustable light to make reading comfortable
9. Kobo Clara HD
The Kobo Clara HD is a great choice for students looking to borrow books from public libraries. A small and lightweight e-reader app, it features an adjustable screen for a comfortable reading experience.
Among the other features of the device include –
- Offers leading public library support
- Features color-changing front light
- The app offers excellent native file format support
10. PocketBook Reader
A great option for both Android and iOS devices, PocketBook Reader allows students to grab books from its own store as well as those stored on their device or saved in the cloud.
Below are some of the key features of the app –
- Supports both eBooks and audiobooks in multiple formats including PDF, ePUB, mobi, HTML, RTF, text, MP3, and M4B
- Allows you to change the font style, size, color, brightness, reading mode, margins, and much more
- Features bookmarking, option to jump to a specific page, and read-aloud of text
The eBook reader market is continuously evolving, adjusting to the specific needs of students. There is a range of improvements in the existing apps in terms of functionalities and new features to make the reading process much more comfortable.
The best way to choose an eBook reader for your specific needs is to study the market thoroughly before making a purchase. The choice should largely be made based on factors such as your academic interests, price and design expectations.
You May Also Like
Latest posts by Mike Harman (see all)
- Discover the future of publishing with Hurix at the Frankfurt Book Fair 2022 - September 23, 2022
- Interactive eBooks: The Reinvention of Reading and Interactivity - September 15, 2022
- How to Find the Right eBook Publishing Platform? - September 14, 2022