As new employees join your organization, you need to provide them with the necessary onboarding tools and training to align them with your organizational goals and culture. You need to acquaint them with the necessary information to adapt to their new job responsibilities as quickly as possible.
While employee onboarding programs help organizations in achieving this goal, these programs, themselves, have undergone a sea change. Thanks to advances in technology and changing expectations of employees. For organizations, this means they need to implement employee best practices, to achieve objectives and retain a competitive edge by hiring and retaining the best talent.
The rise of the Internet and smartphones has given people access to information anytime, anywhere. Organizations can harness the power of technology to ensure that their onboarding programs are no longer restricted to office premises but are available to the employees to access whenever they have the time and need the access. With this in mind, these are some of employee onboarding best practices that companies can employ for optimum benefits.
Onboarding Programs on a Cloud:
As more and more users across the globe are searching for information on their mobile phones, it is a good practice to host employee onboarding programs on a cloud. Besides ease of access, cloud-based employee onboarding programs offer a host of other benefits including:
- A Central Repository for all Programs: Studies reveal that on an average, organizations use up to 24 applications alone as part of their onboarding activity to fulfill a range of functions from background screening to sourcing, to talent requisition, and to training to align to goals. Cloud-based hosting of employee onboarding ensures that all tools and processes are stored in a central location with easy, authorized access and for better governance and monitoring.
- Provide a More Interactive Experience: Cloud-based onboarding also facilitates interactions amongst employees across geographies, allowing them to collaborate, and share ideas and knowledge. Training is, therefore, not restricted to the four walls of a room. Besides, if required, organizations can take the blended route to training, that is, have classroom trainings with supervisor to monitor and address queries, and use collaboration tools of online courses to interact across physical boundaries.
- Efficiently Handle Multiple Processes: With multiple employees joining a company at the same time, it becomes difficult for HR to give individual attention to each of them. Online onboarding allows HR to create and store tasks, send automatic reminders and welcome messages. The other advantage is that it helps to eliminate paperwork, thus also contributing to the environment.
- Flexible solution: With online onboarding, organizations can vary their processes to suit different job profiles and responsibilities. At the same time, they can keep consistent messaging to further strengthen their brand and set milestones to provide opportunities for accomplishments and provide the employee with both company onboarding elements, as well as more job-specific tasks.
- Return-on-Investment: Lack of integration across disparate systems is the number one challenge cited by HR professionals today. Online onboarding not only helps to integrate these elements but also automates processes that can save the business from costly errors and align employees to more productive work.
Convinced on the benefits of cloud-based employee onboarding solutions? You may consider Kitaboo, our award-winning digital publishing platform to create your employee onboarding program.
Building in-house solutions require huge investments in IT and supporting infrastructure; Kitaboo, on the other hand, allows you to custom create your training without investment and with access to skilled IT expertise. Our user-friendly digital publishing platform combines innovation with automation, allowing you to create and update your content, add interactive features and tools, share and collaborate, monitor and analyse, all with a few clicks of a mouse.
Latest posts by Kitaboo (see all)
- Reflowable or Fixed-layout ePUB – Which is Better? - October 16, 2018
- 10 Benefits of Using Mobile-Based Content Delivery Platform - October 11, 2018
- 5 Must-have Features of a Great White Label eBook Software - October 9, 2018