Ineffective corporate training has been found to cost companies a whopping $13.5 million per 1000 employees each year! And that’s not all.
Studies show that businesses that invest in workforce training generate a 24% higher profit than companies that don’t offer training. Yet, multiple surveys done in 2021 revealed that over 50% of the workforce did not receive any training from their employers. Out of those who did receive some training, a third of the respondents mentioned that their existing training practices were outdated.
Are you worried that your training might not be as effective as it once was?
In this article, we explore how the right technology, be it a training management software or the training management platform you choose, can help you and your company get the most out of your training in 2023.
What Is a Training Management Software?
A training management software is a technology application designed to help manage a company’s learning and development (L&D) needs from start-to-finish. It assists the administration, documentation, delivery and the analysis of training material.
Learners can participate in self-paced or instructor-led courses through the training platform/ software and upskill themselves in the process.
Key Functions Performed by a Training Management Solution
Training management solutions perform a variety of functions to facilitate the L&D process. These include:
Training platforms allow instructors to create interactive, multimedia content based on their requirements and diverse L&D needs. They usually come with an easy-to-use interface so technical knowledge is not a prerequisite for authors.
Instead of looking for a third-party publisher, a training software makes digital publishing easy. Most often, your corporate training material can be shared across multiple devices as well.
Content sharing is an important feature of training platforms. Without it, instructors would be at a loss while trying to get the right content to the right people. Fortunately, training platforms make content sharing both simple and controllable. For example: Content can be scheduled to be released to international teams at a different time. Meanwhile the instructor can also control how long a particular piece of content stays active.
Employee Upskilling and Professional Development
From standalone courses to complete certification programs, trainers can offer a rich repository of lectures, activities, and workshops to their teams.
Additionally, these platforms allow employees to access L&D programs both remotely as well through virtual training. Now, teams can take up these courses no matter where they are.
Instructors can also create assignments and assessments that they can grade in order to certify teams in diverse disciplines.
L&D Analytics and Reporting
Finally, a training management technology contains powerful analytics and reporting tools that allow trainers to monitor who engages with their program and how. This can help them improve the quality of the L&D material they create, ensuring your teams receive the most relevant upskilling.
Advantages of Using a Training Management Platform
A training management solution offers certain unique benefits to a company.
- It helps create courses that are timely and relevant to employees.
- It makes employees future-proof and prevents skill obsoletion.
- It empowers employees to access training materials and courses anytime, anywhere.
- It saves companies money by making content authoring and sharing more accurate and affordable.
- It helps make L&D programs more inclusive and diverse by supporting multi-type content creation.
- It enables employers to engage with employees, in turn creating value.
- It improves a company’s performance, productivity, and profits through regular upskilling.
- It helps companies attract top-quality talent and reduces employee attrition.
- It ensures compliance with the L&D requirements of multiple office locations.
Factors to Consider When Selecting a Training Management Technology
Here are the factors you need to pay attention to when choosing your training management solution in 2023.
- Your current L&D processes – and what’s missing
- Your short-term and long-term corporate training goals
- Your learner profile
- Your budget
- Your existing technology architecture and integration challenges
- Your familiarity with using training software
- Your scalability needs
- Your data security needs
- Your post-purchase maintenance/support requirements
How to Ensure a Training Management Platform Adds Value to Your Organization?
To really make sure your training software helps your firm, you will need it to seamlessly integrate into your existing technology infrastructure. Here is how you can achieve this.
- Choose a few L&D goals to focus on
- Analyze how your current L&D processes contribute to the achievement of those goals
- Identify what changes you want to bring into your L&D processes
- Learn thoroughly about the new training platform and how its features can help achieve these goals
- Use the training platform to create courses tailored to each department, organizational hierarchy, and role
- Centralize access to content and enable secure sharing
- Regularly monitor learner feedback and check course engagement and completion rates
- Cross-verify with post-training employee performance to see if the L&D programs translate into work
- Make the necessary changes to your content using the training software’s content authoring tools
- Reshare and re-audit
Choose a Scalable and Powerful Cloud-Based Training Management Software for Enterprise L&D
The best training software isn’t an off-the-shelf solution you just buy and use. It’s a platform that can be personalized to suit your company’s needs. That’s where KITABOO fits in.
With over a decade of experience in the training and content distribution space, KITABOO’s powerful mobile-first training management solution has been designed to be fully customizable to start-ups, SMEs and MNCs.
The platform’s robust content authoring tools allow you to create content in multiple interactive formats and repurpose existing content easily. Since this is a cloud-based platform, you won’t have to purchase any additional software or spend on external hard drives to save your content repository.
The platform is fully-scalable and ideal for the training needs of growing firms. It allows you to publish your content in seconds across multiple devices – mobile, desktop, and tablet.
What makes KITABOO stand apart from its competitors is its DRM protection. This feature ensures you have complete control over the content you create. With powerful data encryption and also identity-based verification access, you can rest assured, your company’s data is in good hands.
KITABOO is also LTI-compliant and can be easily integrated with your existing LMS. That apart, it is completely white-labeled. Its analytics and reporting feature gives you a detailed account of your training’s consumption and effectiveness across the company.
To know more, write to us at KITABOO@hurix.com
Discover How An Ebook Conversion, Publishing & Distribution Platform Can Help You
Kitaboo is a cloud-based content platform to create-publish & securely distribute interactive mobile-ready ebooks.
You May Also Like
Latest posts by Scott Hanson (see all)
- 10 Best ePUB Readers for Android, Mac and Windows Devices - May 14, 2023
- EPUB vs MOBI vs PDF: Which eBook Format is Right for You? - April 27, 2023
- 6 Reasons Why Associations & Nonprofits Need a Digital Archive - April 23, 2023