With the ever-evolving digital publishing landscape, the last few years have seen a rise in robust technologies and other online tools to help publishers manage and scale their operations, and effectively navigate the competitive environment.
Publishers who leverage these online tools can benefit in multiple ways, be it content storage, customization, collaboration, speeding up their editorial review process, distribution, producing quality designs in less time, ensuring regulatory compliance, or content engagement.
Online publishing tools which you can use to streamline the digital publishing process
KITABOO is a digital publishing software that offers an excellent way to convert your PDF or doc files to digitized eBooks.
The platform allows you to create, publish and securely distribute all your content in a matter of minutes.
You can also secure the content with DRM protection and encryption, and unique access codes to ensure complete content security.
Key highlights of the platform:
- Multiple distribution models – access codes, subscription, or online store
- Allows you to create mobile-ready eBooks
- The platform lets you enrich your eBooks with interactive elements such as audio, video, 3D simulation, images, and animation
- Allows you to take notes, search content, add bookmark, highlight text
- The software integrates seamlessly to various existing infrastructure, including LMS, or other systems
- Offers in-depth analytics on user content consumption patterns
Also Read: Doc to ePUB Conversion: A Complete Guide
Lucidpress is a powerful design & brand templating platform that empowers publishers to easily create and distribute their content all on their own.
A robust product catalog maker software, LucidPress allows you to create digital catalogs from multiple professionally-designed templates with customizable elements such as colors, fonts, and images.
Key highlights of the platform:
- Offers an accessible drag-and-drop interface with an easy export option that allows you to easily print and share your creations
- Features a brand asset hub that allows you to keep your content polished and on-brand
- The platform allows you to work together in real-time to create/edit designs, use comments and chat features to discuss any changes and suggest edits
- Features professional-looking effects, online access to your existing content on the web, and versatile sharing options
One of the popular tools in the digital publishing industry, DCatalog is a robust platform that empowers publishers and content creators to create and publish engaging digital content.
Below are some of the key highlights of the platform –
- Features advanced HTML5 flipbook technology that allows content to be viewed on any device
- Allows you to convert PDFs into HTML5 flipbooks to help increase brand awareness, online sales, and reach
- Powerful admin dashboard which features analytics (both detailed Google Analytics integration and built-in overviews), document upload, basic page editing, and edition management features
- Ease of use with multiple choices on how to navigate around the magazine’s pages
Uberflip is primarily a content experience platform that allows you to aggregate all your content (eBooks, videos, blogs, white papers, and more) and ease the process of creating, managing, and optimizing tailored content experiences for various stages in the buyer journey.
The platform offers marketers various tools required to boost engagement and accelerates demand generation to better leverage the content.
Key highlights of the platform –
- Allows organizations to create and distribute personalized content within an account-based marketing strategy
- Features an ability to organize, centralize and store content in a efficient way for easy retrieval throughout the consumer’s journey
- Uberflip integrates with the user’s marketing automation platform and helps bridge the gap as well as improve the overall process between content and demand generation
- Offers customizable or pre-built performance dashboards and reports for tracking how the personalized content is performing
- Easy to use with excellent customer support
Also Read: Choose the best digital publishing platform
iPaper is an excellent digital publishing tool that allows you to transform your print catalogs from PDF to an engaging digital format, inspiring your visitors to take action. As a fully-featured publishing and subscription software, iPaper is designed to serve both enterprises as well as agencies.
The platform enables everything from full in-catalog checkouts and sending readers to your product pages to creating a fully integrated e-commerce setup that eases the process of connecting your online catalog and online store.
The key highlights of the platform –
- Allows you to create an online catalog with different checkout options and automatic link recognition
- Free customer support included with all four pricing plans
- Allows you to enrich your documents with interactivities like videos, links, and images to engage your readers
QuarkXPress is a leading digital publishing platform to help publishers and designers to create and publish rich, compelling material for ereaders, tablets, print, web, and other digital media.
The platform makes it simple and efficient to create documents that meet a huge variety of publishing needs.
The key highlights of the platform –
- Intuitive interface based on palettes to let you choose from multiple tools, colors, styles, and so on to quickly construct a document
- Comprehensive editing features that allow you to import pictures/text and manipulate them as per your needs
- Allows you to export your designs from QuarkXPress as professional-grade images in TIFF, JPEG, and PNG formats
- Features flex layouts that let designers create truly responsive HTML5 web pages
Publishers today are living in a digital era with a significant number of tools at their disposal to help them work smartly and efficiently.
The need for publishers is to stay alert on new and innovative tools that can help them optimize their work processes, streamline their operations and monetize their content, making the business much more productive.
When it comes to the choice of online tools for publishing needs, it should be largely dependent on both the day-to-day as well as the long-term needs.
Although the list of tools shared above is definitely not exhaustive, it serves as a decent start as you explore the options to help you grow your publishing business.
You May Also Like
Latest posts by Mike Harman (see all)
- 6 Risk factors that publishers face without digital rights management - June 13, 2022
- SCORM – Why does it matter and why do you need it? - June 6, 2022
- Why is eCommerce a Growing Revenue Stream For Publishers? - June 2, 2022