In today’s digitally inclined world of ePUB readers, ebook or electronic publication is one of the most popular file formats that is supported by a wide range of smartphones, tablets, and computers. The most interesting aspect of this format is that it offers support for more e-readers available in the market today than any other eBook file format.
If you’ve also been considering the move from physical books to eBooks, the first thing you’ll need to figure out is the best eBook app for the job. Depending on how you want your books to look on the screen, there are multiple options available in the market.
Top 8 ePUB readers To Read eBooks For the Best Reading Experience -
KITABOO is an interactive eBook reader app that supports multiple formats, including ePUB.
Below are some of the features of the KITABOO eBook reader –
- Clean and intuitive interface.
- Allows you to download the eBooks and read them anytime on your devices with its offline reading feature.
- This application accepts most of the file formats, including ePUB, PDF, TEXT, PNG, MOBI, CBR, PRC, DOCX, and more.
- Features an autoplay option which allows you to open the book and read aloud page by page.
- The platform lets you make notes, highlight texts, bookmark pages, and much more.
- Compatible with other operating systems including iOS and Windows.
- Allows you to download and read books in offline or inflight mode.
- Supports video, audio, and images to offer an interactive reading experience to the readers.
- The process of signing up for the platform needs some help
2. Moon+ Reader
One of the better ePUB readers for Android users, Moon+ supports a wide range of eBook formats and provides a great reading experience with various functions and powerful controls.
The following are some of the features of Moon+
- OPDS (open publication distribution system) support that allows you to add your online libraries to the ePUB reader
- Excellent customization options including swipe gesture, bookmark, screen click, font size, and more
- Features a real page turning effect with customization options for color and speed
- Supports a wide variety of eBook formats, including ePUB, AZW3, PDF, CBR, MOBI, HTML, FB2, ZIP, PRC, CHM, CBZ, DOCX, and more
- Fully customizable and packs plenty of other features
- Available in over 40 languages
- Allows for backup to cloud via DropBox
- The platform is not available for any other platforms except Android
- The free version comes with too many ads
- Lacks features such as cross-device syncing
3. FB Reader
FB Reader is a well-known free eBook reader and makes an excellent choice for reading ePUB books on Android. The key highlight of the platform is that it is integrated with many popular dictionaries, including ColorDict, Fora Dictionary, and Dictan dictionary.
Below are some of the features of FB reader –
- Offers adjustable screen brightness and a great selection of day/night color schemes
- Simple and intuitive interface
- Features a self-owned eBook directory downloader that you can use for your favorite eBook
- Supports dictionary search and allows readers to synchronize books, reading positions, and bookmarks with a Google Drive based cloud service
- Supports various other formats such as DOC, HTML, AZW3, FB2, RTF, and TEXT
- Integrated with many external dictionaries
- Lack of native PDF support in the free version
4. Google Play Books
Google Play Books is a free eBook reader from Google that gives you access to a massive bookstore and also lets you upload your ePUB/PDF books from other sources to create your reading library.
Given below are some of the features of Google Play Books –
- Features a text-to-speech (TTS) engine that makes the app read books aloud
- Allows for notes to be synced with Google Drive and can then be shared with a group for easy collaboration
- Some other features include rapid skim mode, book rentals, and a quick bookmarks feature
- Supports multiple formats, including ePUB, PDF, and HTML
- Offers 3D page turning effect
- Boasts of a large bookstore with a huge selection of eBooks
- Managing books is a little tricky as there are no options like tags, folder, or series
5. Kobo Books
With over 5 million titles consisting of eBooks and audiobooks, Kobo is a popular ePUB reader for Android that offers various unique features.
- Allows you to easily add books from email, the web, or Dropbox
- Supports multiple languages
- Customization of the font size and style
- Features cross-platform syncing and availability of audiobooks
- Supports multiple formats, including ePUB, PDF, MOBI, PNG, BMP, TXT, JPEG, GIF, and more
- Allows you to buy more books online
- Supports various cloud storage services such as Dropbox
- Kobo devices are on the pricier side
Lithium is another popular ereader app for Android users with support of the ePUB file format. The key highlight of the app is automatic book detection and its ability to manage all your eBooks automatically.
The following are some of the key features of Lithium –
- Offers the option to choose between scrolling and page switching mode
- Allows for a variety of basic eBook operations such as highlighting and note-taking
- Features such as the ability to sync reading position, bookmarks, and highlights across different devices with cloud support
- The platform is built with a simple and elegant design
- Allows you to automatically detect and manage books and switch between pages and scrolling
- Offers support only for ePUB files
One of the most easy-to-use ePUB readers, ReadEra auto-detects your books and documents them on your device. Below are some of the features of ReadEra –
- Allows you to neatly organize and sort your books – authors and series-wise
- Adjustable font, size, line spacing, and boldness
- Features a multi-document mode that allows the reading of several books and documents simultaneously
- Supports multiple formats including ePUB, DOC, DOCX, PDF, RTF, Mobi, FB2, text, and CHM
- Automatic detection of eBooks and documents
- Lacks some of the important features such as highlighting
eboox is a simple and elegant eBook reader app for Android users that supports a wide range of eBook file formats such as EPUB, DOC, DOCX, FB2, MOBI, PRC, and more.
Given are some of the features of eboox –
- The platform offers a huge catalog of eBooks to choose from, along with the option to upload them in different file formats
- Simple and pleasant interface
- Various customization features to enhance your reading experience
- Offers support for various basic operations such as note-taking, bookmarks, and annotations
- Provides a dedicated night mode
- Cloud support for multi-device sync
- Customization settings to change the font, text size, brightness, and more
- Does not support PDF format
eBook reader apps today have mostly replaced conventional printed books. Now all you need to do to read your favorite book on your Android smartphone or tablet is download apps and have a fun reading experience.
The above list has some of the best ePUB readers for Android that you can use to enjoy reading the best of eBooks in ePUB or any other eBook file format on the go.
Related Read: The Best ePUB Readers for Windows
You May Also Like
Latest posts by Mike Harman (see all)
- 10 Tips for Publishers to Create Interactive K12 Digital Content - February 3, 2023
- The Amazing Benefits of Teaching K12 Students via an eBook Reader! - February 2, 2023
- Top 5 Benefits of Digital Textbooks You Never Knew About - January 31, 2023