Digital publishing or ePublishing needs no introduction today. It is a preferred way of publishing, especially for large publishers, where they use technology to digitize and distribute media through electronic devices, including smart devices, computers, tablets, and more. Some of the examples of this include online magazines, books, libraries, reports, newsletters, brochures, catalogs, blogs, videos, photo albums and games.
But when it comes to ePublishing platforms, publishers have a wide range of options available to them. To be able to make an informed choice, the most important thing that you need to consider is how well the platform fits your specific needs and budget.
Top 7 Digital Publishing Platforms that Most Publishers Use
KITABOO is a robust ePublishing platform for large publishers. It is a white-labeled platform that allows publishers to create and distribute rich interactive content with DRM protection. In addition to this, you can track your content consumption with advanced analytics.
Related Read: The Advantages of DRM in the Publishing Industry
The key highlight of the platform is its intuitive interface that helps you bring your content to life with various multimedia and interactive assets such as 3D, audio, video, animation, simulation, gamification and more.
- Create eBooks in an easy, fast and automated way
- Allows for easy integration with existing LMS, web apps or other systems
- Enables secure distribution and offline access
- Features in-built analytics for tracking content consumption
- Features multiple distribution models including the subscription-based model, online store or access codes
Also Read: 10 Best ebook creation software
A popular ePublishing software, Joomag is a fully integrated digital magazine publishing solution that allows large publishers to create, publish, and monetize their online magazine.
The platform also allows them to do free or paid publishing along with offering a newsstand option.
- Offers both a flipbook and templated approach to allow you to create your digital magazines
- The pro plan of Joomag comes with single-user access, email marketing, 1GB cloud storage, the crater editor, and a lot of competitive selling and distribution features
- Easy to use and intuitive interface
- Excellent reputation for customer support and service
- Great design and style applications which make it easy for the non-designers to create excellent modern digital magazines
Aquafadas by Rakuten is largely targeted towards corporate clients and has been used by some of the large publications. Best-known for its slick and intuitive conversion process, Aquafadas allows you to automate almost every aspect of creating a digital publication. All you need to do is upload a PDF and export your content to every major native app publisher.
- Allows you to add interactive video and audio into your apps, helping your e-publication to stand out on the app store
- Easy integration with third-party payment/CMS
- Features custom management of subscriptions
Zmags is another popular ePublishing platform for large publishers that empowers them to create and publish engaging digital experiences in no time and without writing a single line of code.
Boasting of excellent drag-and-drop technology, the platform allows you to easily create and deliver the rich experiences that drive both engagement and conversions.
- It allows users to enrich their converted PDFs with elements such as video, animations, pop-up media, and eCommerce hotspots
- Emphasizes instant, shoppable content to allow users to quickly publish the content after they create it
Readz is an easy-to-use ePublishing platform that requires no templates or coding. The key highlight of the platform is its robust editor offering various pre-made modules, animations, integrated analytics and strong SEO.
The platform allows your brand or organization to create beautiful interactive publications such as magazines, reports, brochures, and more.
- Features a drag-and-drop visual editor with pre-made modules
- It offers great support for flipbooks to give you the freedom to host your old PDFs as flipbooks and make your content responsive
- Offers a powerful design studio
- The platform features an InDesign import, to offer better mobile experiences
- Offers a powerful marketing stack to allow marketers and advertisers to drive their content goals through CTAs, forms and integrated analytics about actual conversions
Issuu is another excellent ePublishing platform and newsstand. The platform is primarily PDF-based, which means users need to first upload a PDF file to start online hosting and then Issuu will convert it to content that can be read by flash players.
- Robust HTML5 compatibility so that publishers don’t have to install any apps to let readers view their publications
- Allows publishers to track their publications’ performance with analytics to see and assess how readers are interacting with their content
- Allows publishers to share their work on a variety of social media sites
Magloft is a full-service epublishing platform that allows you to design powerful digital magazine apps that you can easily manage through your developer accounts for Google, Apple, or Amazon.
The platform allows you to create interactive and responsive publications that will be easily readable on your mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets.
- Offers a visual drag-and-drop interface that allows you to create content and design your publications
- Gives you access to the feature-rich TypeLoft editor and also the ability to sell subscriptions through your WordPress website
- The platform features robust magazine publishing functions, including web and mobile app development
With hundreds of options available out there for ePublishing, choosing the most appropriate one can be quite challenging. There are multiple aspects that you need to consider here, including your budget, size of the audience, content creation flow, web or native app, and more.
As a publisher, you probably have very specific requirements for the publishing platform that you wish to use. Whether you’re looking for a platform that’s entirely self-serve with an easy-to-use interface or one that supports your preferred ad software, we have listed the top 7 platforms that you can choose for all your digital publishing needs.
You May Also Like