eLearning has seen significant growth over the past decade, with the current estimated revenue as USD 166.60 billion approximately. With a projected growth rate of 9.48%, the market share will only grow, with the revenue forecasts reaching approximately USD 239.30 billion in 2027.
The growth potential and trajectory are immense, and so are the challenges encountered during the application in the education sector. One such glaring challenge is the need for cross-platform compatibility in education. You may ask, why is it essential, and what is the impact?
Table of Contents:
VI. Wrapping Up
Education and Cross-Platform Compatibility - A Glimpse
Education is currently in the midst of emerging technologies and evolving digital skills, which will catapult the field to the center of global improvements and growth. One such technology enhancement is the much-needed access to cross-platform interoperability.
For example, in the case of a group project, you can easily collaborate and brainstorm on discussion points from the comfort of your home or while traveling. All the group members aren’t required to be in the same place, and they can come together through remote access to applications and platforms on the learning portals.
Similarly, teachers prefer 24/7 access to the portals for grading assignments and examining papers at their convenience. Whether it’s a handheld digital device or a desktop, they like being in control and avail the feature of compatibility across different browsers, devices, and screens.
Types of Cross-Platform Compatibility
Cross-platform interoperability is critical since it allows students to utilize their devices regardless of operating system. This is especially crucial for kids who have numerous devices at home and at school, such as a desktop computer and a laptop.
It’s classified into two types:
- Native apps– They are designed for a specific operating system. Native apps are frequently more expensive to develop since they require substantial coding and testing before being released to the public.
Web-based apps– They employ HTML5 technology to function across several platforms without needing to be loaded on each device. Web-based apps need less development time but may lack some of the functionalities of native apps.
Why is Cross Platform Compatibility Critical in Schools?
Cross-platform compatibility refers to the ability of digital products to run on diverse systems. The capacity to access data from any location and at any time is one of the most significant benefits of cross-platform compatibility.
In education, it implies that students can access their assignments, progress reports, and other important documents from anywhere using their smartphones or tablets. There are numerous reasons why schools should have cross-platform compatibility:
Students, teachers, and parents should be able to execute all of their tasks and responsibilities on the devices that they prefer.
Once the needs and requirements of the students are identified, the teachers and parents can collaboratively discuss the learning methods and personalize the curriculum to help with the student’s learning pace.
If you design an app solely for one platform and it does not function well on other platforms, you risk losing potential customers who would have used your product if it was available on their preferred device.
This, in turn, directly affects the economic growth of the platform and, eventually, the progress of fulfilling the learning needs of the students.
Students will just seek another choice if they are unable to access your product owing to the platform they are utilizing. The platform must be accessible to a wider group of learners and teachers alike.
6 Tips to Ensure Cross-Platform Compatibility in Education
Responsive learning necessitates cross-platform compatibility. Because mobile devices and tablets are becoming more popular in education, your courseware must be compatible with a wide range of devices, operating systems, and browsers.
There are several ways to ensure cross-platform compatibility in education:
- Utilizing a unified interface: This guarantees an integrated user experience, which is essential for distributing content across many platforms. It also facilitates and expedites troubleshooting.
- Interactive elements: Your instructional information will be more engaging if it includes interactive elements like photographs, videos, and audio files. It’s crucial to check if these parts are compatible with all devices, though.
- Cloud computing solutions: You may effortlessly share data across different platforms using cloud storage services. By doing this, you can guarantee that your content is viewable on any device.
- Identifying popular gadgets: It’s critical to identify the popular gadgets among your students and teachers. By creating content that is compatible with the most widely used devices, you can improve accessibility for everyone.
- Screening for consistency: The only way to guarantee functional cross-platform compatibility is to test different platform versions. This makes it easier to find and fix possible problems before the material is released, guaranteeing a positive user experience.
Practical and effective layout: It’s crucial to make sure your material is responsively designed. It should be simple to read and navigate since the material adjusts to the user’s device’s screen size. Your material will be accessible and simple to use if it is designed with the user in mind.
5 Key Benefits of Incorporating Cross-Platform Compatibility in Education
When you are a student, controller, teacher, or administrator in the education sector, then cross-platform compatibility has a lot to offer.
As is true for other sectors of the economy and community as well, cross-platform compatibility is greatly helpful in connecting people. It creates social platforms that can bring students and teachers together virtually. This ensures that many benefits can be enjoyed.
It may seem like a minor detail, but cross-platform compatibility has tremendous benefits for teachers and their students. Here are some ways that it can improve the classroom experience:
- Collaborative learning methods: Teachers can easily and readily share important documents like handbooks, guides, learning material, assignments, etc., from a single location in real time. You can either upload or share links to the respective documents.
- Ease of learning: You can learn on the go with a focus on mobile-based learning and a progress-driven curriculum. Teachers can easily track and record the progress of the students through personalized plans and schedules prepared to cater to the individual needs and requirements of each student.
- Flexibility of learning goals: Carry around and retrieve study-based information wherever you go. The data is accessible, formats are adaptable, and the plans are versatile.
- Enhancing interactivity and engagement: Students are actively engaged due to the interactive nature of the various modules involved and the reward-based learning methods. Participation is more as well due to the different modes applicable, like quizzes, polls, puzzles, and so forth.
Better communication and management- Cross-platform compatibility helps ensure that you can use any device without any limitations of technological upgrades and maintenance. As an educator, you can easily streamline the workflows, and as a learner, you can manage the information load by communicating with your peers and teachers.
Students and teachers alike are in constant need to stay updated with the current trends and learn on the go. Here is where cross-platform compatibility plays a huge role. The implementation of the latest techniques will guarantee that your instructional resources are intuitive, accessible, and compatible with a variety of platforms.
KITABOO is a trusted partner in cross-platform compatibility. The digital textbook platform is designed with today’s students and teachers in mind. Our staff has extensive experience dealing with a wide range of educational institutions, including universities and colleges, school districts, and K-12 schools.
We provide cross-platform compatibility solutions to let you provide content across platforms, devices, and applications with ease. With our technological expertise and high-quality products, we can help you fulfill your goals and gain desired outcomes swiftly!
Contact our expert team now and get started!
To know more, please contact KITABOO@hurix.com.
You May Also Like