The popularity of eBooks has seen a sharp rise in recent years. There are two reasons why eBooks are gaining so much traction; the first is the reduced cost of creating, publishing and distribution of eBooks, the second is sheer convenience, as eBooks offer a handy way of carrying hundreds of your favorite titles in your pocket.
The rise in popularity of eBooks has also led to an explosion of new eBook creation software for Windows, Android and other operating systems that make it super convenient to create a full-fledged eBook.
Since there are multiple choices available for eBook creators, we will explore the top eight options you can consider.
Top 8 eBook Creation Software for Windows
KITABOO is a cloud-based digital publishing platform that allows you to create and publish DRM-protected content. With KITABOO, you can enrich your eBooks with audio, videos, animations and more to enhance interactivity.
The other highlights of this eBook creation software for Windows include:
- The platform allows you to take notes and add highlights to an eBook
- KITABOO offers a conversion service that lets you convert PDFs into ePUB files
- It offers rich data analytics on user content consumption
- It gives you the advantage of seamless integration with existing infrastructure (LMS, website, or other similar systems)
- KITABOO is also compatible with Android and IOS operating systems
2. Calibre-eBook Management
Packed with many cutting-edge features, Calibre is a multi-platform free eBook creator to help you create eBooks with ease. Compatible with Windows, Linux, and iOS, Calibre supports the conversion of multiple input formats to a wide range of output formats.
Given below are some of the other highlights of Calibre:
- The software allows you to change or edit any of your earlier eBooks, magazines, newspapers, etc., (that has been printed or downloaded) by adding details such as illustration, author description, cover images, and more
- It supports multiple input file formats, including PDF, DOX, EPUB, PRC, AZW, HTML, PML, CBZ, AZW3, CBC, as well as output document formats such as DOCX, HTMLZ, AZW3, MOBI, ZIP, TXT, and PDF
- It offers an inbuilt eBook viewer to check if everything appears as intended
One of the most professional eBook creation software, LucidPress allows you to create professional-looking eBooks with images and videos attached to them.
Among other key features of the software include:
- Easy to use and an intuitive drag-and-drop editor
- It offers multiple customizable templates made by experts for free
- With a web-based platform, LucidPress requires no downloads or software installations (you can access your Lucidpress account from any browser or platform)
- It features advanced data automation where you can auto-populate information in your templates and cut down on repetitive content updates
4. ePUBee Maker
A great tool for eBook creation, ePUBee allows you to convert your MS Word file into multiple formats. It is a completely free software (available only for Windows) that helps you create Mobi, AZW, EPUB, and PDF eBooks of high quality.
Among the other highlights of the software include:
- Easy and efficient to use, which allows you to add a cover and meta description to your eBook, edit the table of contents, and more to make it more professional and friendly for search engines
- Once you have finished writing your eBook on MS Word, the platform allows you to convert the document into PDF and ePUB extensions
- The software is an add-in for Microsoft Word, which you can see as the ePUBee Maker option on the MS Word toolbar post the installation
5. FlipHTML 5
FlipHTML 5 is another great tool if you are looking for free eBook creation software. The platform offers a simple stepwise procedure to start with eBook creation after you sign up on the website.
Among the other highlights of the platform include:
- It offers multiple fully customizable templates that allow users to create their coverage
- Allows you to add media to enrich the content and make professional eBooks
- With Flip HTML 5, you can create your eBooks based on existing PDFs, Word documents, or PowerPoint presentations, so you do not have to spend much time on manual editing
One of the most popular eBook creation software for Windows, Canva offers more than one million stock images to choose from for your eBook. The platform also has various other impressive features to help you create professionally designed eBooks.
Among the other highlights of the platform include:
- It features a vast library of eBook templates including layouts for every style and theme
- It allows you to upload your content to the cloud, so you can retrieve them whenever you want
- The platform offers various customization options to add your personal branding elements, upload photos/images or mix and match elements from various templates
A free, open-source eBook creator software, Scribus is a powerful tool for desktop publishing. Compatible with operating systems such as Windows, Linux, Mac, and OS-X, Scribus helps you build advanced eBook files that are fit for professional publishing. You can also save them in PDF versions for online distribution.
Among the other highlights of Scribus include:
- It gives you options to create custom layouts for both print and digital media
- Offers a powerful drag-and-drop interface to help you create professional layouts using both text and graphics
- It allows you to tailor eBook designs to your publication medium and page size
Sigil is another excellent eBook creation software for Windows. The tool helps you create your eBook effortlessly with a wide range of useful functions such as book browser, spell check, and content table creator.
Given below are some of Sigil’s highlights:
- A clean and intuitive interface
- It allows you to make use of several add-on features like audios, visuals, or photos, modify words with the help of hyperlinks, superscripts, list, and more
- A multilingual tool that supports various plugins and keyboard shortcuts for all important commands
If you are looking for a powerful tool to create eBooks, we have mentioned above the best software that can help you in creating and publishing your eBooks with ease. While most of these tools will be able to handle your eBook projects, the key difference between these authoring tools is their style and feature set.
eBooks today have become the most popular publication medium for books. An increasing number of people are buying their books in digital format, giving an invaluable opportunity for both publishers and authors to capitalize on this growing trend.