With less than a month to go, we will be at Frankfurt Bookfair, to be held from 19th to 23rd October 2016. 2016 marks Hurix’s 6th year at the fair and like each year there is a lot of excitement and hyperactivity for the preparation of the event.
In our FBF blog series we are going to cover everything from, exciting technologies, what’s new in the publishing world and the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead for publishers. So, we will be your eyes and ears if you miss visiting the fair this year.
FBF is grand in many ways, and some of the facts are just amazing about the world’s biggest trade show for books which are:
- FBF first happened in 1290 – so its 800+ years old trade event
- 7000+ exhibitors visit FBF every year
- Some 300K people visited the fair last year (2015)
As mentioned by DIETRICH ZU KLAMPEN, publisher, zu Klampen! Verlag – “The Frankfurt Book Fair is like Christmas for the book industry, but even better: not only do we reconnect with all our dear ones, we meet an unbelievable number of new, interesting people. It couldn’t be better.”
For us, with the scale, this is not less than an Olympics. And you don’t go to Olympics with any less preparation.
This year, Kitaboo is bringing 3 awesome things to Frankfurt:
- Kitaboo Author – Up until now you could bring print content to Kitaboo and make engaging and interactive eBooks. But with our new module – Kitaboo Author, you can create responsive mobile ready ePub using simple drag and drop…building engaging content has become even more simple.
- ePub3 automation – There is amazing content and knowledge in every country across the world. Much of these exists in native languages – the eBooks creation process is slow, manual and error-prone. At Kitaboo we have aced the process, build automation tool to speed the process and provide quality ePub3. Using our tools and processes we achieved a speed of 100+ title conversions in a week and that’s what we will be able to display @FBF. So, whether its Right-to-Left or Latin languages, Kitaboo will do ePub3 conversion for you in a snap!
- Content Library – Over the years, we have created over 4000+ multimedia-rich, fully responsive educational content for our customers which can be viewed on any device and can be accessed anywhere!
Not visiting FBF? We can still show you a demo of all this, at your convenience. Ask for a demo here.
You May Also Like
Latest posts by Vishal Dani (see all)
- How to Leverage Interactive Learning Tools for Engaging Training Experiences - March 31, 2020
- Kitaboo College – Enabling Higher Education with Technology - December 12, 2019
- 10 Must-Have Features of an Online Education Platform - November 13, 2019