The COVID-19 pandemic has shifted the spotlight to online learning, with several schools, colleges and universities showing interest in interactive online platforms to deliver holistic learning to their students. However, online learning is not the same as classroom learning – the rules of the game are completely different. Online learning is more self-paced, enabling students to leverage various online resources and communicate and collaborate with peers and external communities to solve a problem or arrive at a solution. The role of the teachers also changes from a knowledge giver to a facilitator in the learning process.
Accordingly, to deliver eLearning, you need an interactive online platform that can help you create and deliver courses, include resource libraries, tools for collaboration, analytics, reporting and feedback, and interface for all stakeholders, including teachers, students, and course administrators to access all data and information. Search the Internet and you will find a plethora of interactive online platforms, the trick is to find the one that best suits your needs.
Also Read: K-12 Education in the Post-COVID Era
Here in this article, we have listed the ten most popular interactive online platforms to deliver holistic learning to your students.
1. Adobe Captivate Prime: This platform provides full control over the eLearning process from course setup and delivery to tracking learner progress, with features such as Fluidic Player and intuitive dashboard. The Fluidic player can support all types of files, such as PDFs, DOCX, PPTs, videos, SCORM, AICC, and xAPI-compliant packages. The fully functional dashboard provides students information about the tasks to complete and their performance. Besides, this interactive online platform also delivers learning at all times – online, offline and on the mobile. Captivate is easy to install and use, enabling eLearning administrators to quickly assign roles and activities, and organize content into modules and courses using the inbuilt LCMS functionality.
2. Docebo: This LMS is built on the philosophy of learn, coach and share. This interactive online platform is ideal to gamify courses, complete with badges, awards and rankings. It can also be easily integrated with third-party and major web conferencing tools such as Adobe Connect, SkyMeeting, Big Blue Button, and Blue Jeans. The software has an easy to use interface allowing course creators to effortlessly design courses and content. Besides, it can also be used to sell online courses.
3. SAP Litmos: This interactive online platform is well-suited for remote learning on all types of devices including mobile. It has powerful tools to create, design, store, and deliver online learning with powerful track completion and assessment progress. You can integrate a variety of elements into the eLearning course such as audio, video, and games. The platform supports multiple formats to create training modules and online assessments such as quizzes, and surveys to achieve feedback. It also has a customizable and intuitive interface that you can use to brand your courses.
4. LearnUpon LMS: The software includes powerful features to support learning and is both scalable and device-friendly, enabling students to engage more effectively with their course content. You can design engaging content even without technical expertise, test students’ knowledge and collect feedback using exams and surveys, deliver SCROM-compliant content through an intuitive interface, and offer blended learning with a mix of instructor-led training via webinars or live sessions.
5. Mindflash: This cloud-based platform is ideal for large institutions catering to both on-campus and distant learners. The software offers various innovations in all areas of eLearning, including content creation, analytics and management. You can use its core functionality to effortlessly create, manage and track learning. The intuitive interface can be customized to brand your courses.
6. iSpring Learn: This cloud-based interactive online platform can be used to design courses than can be accessed from any device, and even offline, thus, helping to breaking time and place constraints. It offers detailed statistics to track each student’s progress. You can also benefit from a variety of reports related to course enrollment, online learning activities and completion rates while keeping a keen eye on the progress of each student during the course. The software provides unlimited storage so you can upload unlimited content items, such as courses, videos or presentations.
7. TalentLMS: This is one of the easiest to use cloud-based LMS to deliver courses while also allowing you to white-label your content. This interactive online platform offers responsive design which means that your students can access online learning from any mobile device including iPhone, iPad, and Android. The software also provides great customizable potential including a custom domain, logo, and theme. It also supports both ILT and blended learning and includes an abundant range of communication tools such as video conferencing, calendar, personal messages, and discussion forums.
8. 360Learning Engagement Platform: You can use the software to reuse your already created online courses and also leverage available online training content, apart from creating your own custom courses. It also offers cutting edge tools to facilitate content creation in several formats and languages, using various collaboration methods. This interactive online platform also supports ongoing improvement by providing multi-segment data, and course statistics such as attendance and completion rates.
9. Moodle: This free and open-source learning management system offers robust functionalities that make it a great option for educational institutions. The software is fully customizable and scalable and integrates seamlessly with solutions like Microsoft Office 365, NextCloud, Google Apps, and more. It also offers solutions specific to various educational needs, such as Moodle Education, Moodle App, Moodle Workplace, MoodleNet, and Certified Integrations and Partnerships.
10. KITABOO: This cloud-based, digital interactive online platform is ideal to deliver a seamless learning experience, anytime and anywhere. Through this next-gen platform, you can create online courses that include audio, video, images and text. It includes interactive elements and features to create MCQs and quizzes. It also has an analytics feature to allow you to track the performance of the eLearning courses and gauge whether your students are engaged with the content. KITABOO offers responsive content for all device types and for Android and iOS platforms. KITABOO is one of the world’s most widely used platforms with over 10 million users across 25 countries.
While there are several interactive online platforms available online, it is a good idea to do some research based on the features you require to provide your students an enhanced learning experience. Once you shortlist the vendors, you may ask them for a free trial to get a sense of the software. Also, consider factors such as your existing IT infrastructure and how well the new online platform will integrate with it. And, finally do consider post-implementation service to ensure you achieve a seamless experience with minimal downtime.
You May Also Like
Latest posts by Mike Harman (see all)
- Virtual Bookshelf: Your All-You-Can-Read Digital Library - January 19, 2021
- How to Select the Ideal Platform for Creating Digital Magazines - January 15, 2021
- Top 10 eBook Apps for Education - January 13, 2021