The rapid growth of the digital publishing industry has given rise to a seemingly infinite number of digital publishing platforms. In my experience, this transition from print to digital has always been a testing paradigm shift for most publishers. The popularity of online content is edging out traditional publishing methods. The number of magazines in print have been declining since the early 2000s. All that said, this appears to be the most lucrative time to switch to digital content publishing platforms.
There are a lot of advantages of using a digital publishing platform over traditional publishing. People are constantly looking for new content and instant gratification and are now more receptive to online content. At this point, digital publishing platforms are proving to be the best solution to address these needs.
However, it is of utmost importance to choose a digital publishing platform best suited for your requirements, publishing goals, and target audience.
To get you started, I’ve shortlisted a few platforms that I think might help.
10 Best Digital Publishing Platforms For Your Business in 2024
- KITABOO– An award-winning cloud-based digital publishing platform to to create, publish, and securely deliver multimedia-enhanced interactive eBooks.
- Joomag – A responsive platform that enables interactive content creation and multi-channel distribution.
- Readz – A digital publishing platform that offers a customized design studio.
- Zmags – A platform that specializes in publishing and distribution of instant, shoppable content.
- Magloft – Offers customized native apps for iOS, Android, and desktop.
- YUDU – A publishing platform that also enables monitoring of data and analyzing engagement metrics.
- Quark – A SaaS platform that allows digital publishing, content distribution, and management.
- Kotobee – A publishing platform to create and publish eBooks.
- FlipHTML5– A HTML5 flipbook maker for creating a custom domain for your eBook.
- iPublishCentral – A SaaS platform for content creators with a seamless content delivery system.
1. KITABOO - Digital Publishing Platform
KITABOO is a cloud-based digital publishing platform that helps you create, publish, and distribute interactive mobile-ready content. KITABOO uses DRM protection to securely publish and distribute content on various digital platforms. The content consumption is monitored through analytics and user insights.
KITABOO allows publishers to enhance physical books with interactive elements and multimedia-enriched content. Interactive training is possible through its SaaS-based learning platform.
- Publish on multiple devices & platforms
- Easy integration with existing LMS
- LTI compliant
- Secure distribution & offline access
- DRM protection and encryption
- White-labeled app
- In-built analytics for tracking content consumption
How to Create a DRM Protected eBook and Distribute it Securely
Joomag is an all-round digital publishing platform offering interactive content creation, multi-channel distribution, corporate communication, performance tracking, and monetization. It is designed to meet every publisher’s needs, big or small.
Though this digital publishing platform doesn’t offer responsive design across devices, it can easily integrate audio and video into your digital publication along with impressive analytics.
- Over 300 pre-designed templates
- Interactive elements and rich media for content creation
- Distribution on different channels, custom apps, and through email campaigns
- Customizable lead capture forms
- Analytics for content, traffic, and engagement insights
- Sell subscription packages
- Multi-platform optimization
Joomag offers 4 membership plans – Start ($39/month); Grow ($79/month); Scale ($149/month); and Enterprise (pricing varies according to the requirements). You can start your free 14-day trial with the scale plan.
The Readz digital publishing platform assists businesses in creating immersive and interactive content solutions. It also makes the publishing and distribution process hassle-free. It offers structured modules along with a wide range of animations and visual editors.
Readz offers businesses a well-equipped digital publishing platform that allows content creation and design with inbuilt templates. This is a result-focused digital publishing platform for marketing and advertising businesses.
- Indesign import
- Customized design studio
- SEO tools
- Integrated analytics for content conversions
- Interactive elements for an immersive experience
- Central dashboard for traffic data and conversion reports
Offers 1 membership plan: Studio ($250/month) You can avail customized services with add-ons on offer.
Zmags is a digital publishing platform specialized in publishing and distribution of instant, shoppable content. It transforms offline assets into digitally interactive content to deliver an engaging experience to the users. With this digital publishing platform, you can create content and publish it immediately.
This publishing platform offers drag-and-drop technology for easy creation and quick delivery of content to drive user engagement and boost conversions. Zmags brings your content to life with the latest technology and optimizes resources to drive desired results.
- Drag-and-drop tool for content creation
- Interactive shopability features
- Embeddable animations
- Guided selling tools
- Integration with Google Analytics
- Offline content access
- Analytics to monitor conversions
The pricing starts at $5000/year. Publishers can contact the support team to discuss customized pricing plans.
MagLoft empowers print publishers, agencies, and businesses to become digital publishers, offering them digital publishing platform services through customized native apps for iOS, Android, and desktop. It aids publishers of all sizes, offering them software solutions to develop both mobile and web applications.
- Responsive content editor tool
- Fully responsive and interactive widgets
- Deploys apps on Android, iOS, and Windows smartphones and tablets
- Custom subscription plans
- Analytics to track app usage, engagement and conversion metrics
Features 4 pricing plans.
Indie Publisher (Free plan); Online Publisher ($29/month); Mobile Publisher ($299/month); Business ($499/month)
YUDU lets you publish HTML, PDF and audio-video content to the web, iOS, Windows, and Android. It is a digital publishing platform offering a full spectrum of business documentation to both web and applications.
YUDU publishing platform provides advanced tools for controlling and monitoring content distribution, gathering GDPR-compliant data, and analyzing engagement metrics. It also helps publishers develop communication apps to explore new distribution channels.
- PageTiler browser delivery method
- Branded app delivery
- Offline application access
- Centralized data hubs
- Custom subscription models
- Feature-rich publishing
- Communication and alerting tools
- In-app purchases
Publishers will need to get in touch with the YUDU team to discuss and customize pricing plans according to their requirements.
How to Create an Interactive eBook
This digital publishing platform helps content creators and creative professionals bring their visions to life. Quark leverages the most modern and efficient design software to create a smart digital publishing platform.
It provides a SaaS platform designed to fulfill all your digital publishing, content management and automation, marketing and sales enablement needs. QuarkXPress is a product developed with modern design software.
- Modern design software for content creation and distribution
- Integration with lead generation software
- Sales enablement software – Docurated
- Analytics dashboards for site usage, content activity, searches, and topic actions.
QuarkXPress offers 1 year, 2 years, 3 years advantages at $395, $625, and $ 795 respectively. To know more about their discount offers, you can visit the Quark Store.
Kotobee is an easy-to-integrate software for creating eBooks. The software supports audio, video, weblinks apart from a lot of widgets with cloud support and more elements.
- Creates eBooks with video and audio
- Converts and designs eBooks
- Displays eBooks on web, desktop, or tablets
- Distributes eBooks individually or collectively
- Tracks engagement of distributed content
Kotobee offers different membership plans for mobile app services and other devices. Major plans include – Basic ($150/1 user-lifetime); Premium ($300/1 user-lifetime); and Institutional ($3000/10 users-lifetime).
Flip book maker is an HTML5 digital publishing platform for creating eBooks and embedding content with hyperlinks, multimedia, images, and animation. These eBooks can be accessed on all devices and web browsers.
- Bookcase for digital publication
- Share digital content on social network
- SEO-friendly content
- Extraordinary personal home page
- Access visitor statistics
FlipHTML5 offers 3 membership plans – Pro ($12.5/month); Platinum ($25/month); and Enterprise ($83.5/month). They also offer a free trial plan with limited service options.
iPublishcentral is a powerful SaaS platform that offers quick-to-build tested solutions to content creators with multiple features and complex content delivery mechanisms.
- Integrates and securely delivers all your scholarly content
- State-of-the-art eBook delivery platform
- Robust online learning platform for complex educational content
- Enhanced reading experience
- Multi-device support
Publishers will have to get in touch with the iPublishCentral team to discuss and understand the pricing plans based on their requirements.
These were some of the best digital publishing platforms (in my opinion) available in the market today. It is important for publishers to choose the most appropriate tool based on their needs and budget. Whether you are looking to create content from scratch or convert existing content into an interactive digital experience, the right digital publishing platform will surely offer your customers an immersive experience But, remember, it is important to base your decision on your needs and budget.
I would love to help you create your own eBooks with our digital publishing software at KITABOO. Request your free demo, today!
Contact our expert team now and get started!
To know more, please write to us at KITABOO@hurix.com
- Finding the Best ebook Creator | 10 Best ebook creation software
- How to Identify the Best eBook Conversion Services
- 9 Best Cross-Platform eBook Readers
- Best Practices in Publishing & Distributing eBooks at Scale
- Best eBook Publishing Strategies Every Publisher Must Know!
- How to Create an Interactive eBook in 10 Steps
- 8 Highly Effective Digital Publishing Strategies
- eBooks vs. Printed Books
You May Also Like