The rapid growth of the digital publishing industry has given rise to a seemingly infinite number of digital publishing platforms. The transition from print to digital has always been a testing paradigm shift for most publishers. The popularity of online content is edging out the traditional publishing methods. The number of print magazines has been declining since 2000. These are the most lucrative times to switch to digital publishing platforms as online content is very well received and is easily accessible.
There are a lot of advantages of having a digital publishing platform over sticking to traditional publishing methods. People are constantly looking for new content and instant gratification, and digital publishing platforms are proving to be the best solution to address these needs.
All that being said, it is of utmost importance to choose a digital publishing platform best-suited for your requirements, publishing goals, and target audience.
Let’s have a look at some of the best digital publishing platforms and their features.
1. Kitaboo - Digital Publishing Platform
Kitaboo is a cloud-based digital publishing platform that helps you in creating, publishing, and distributing interactive mobile-ready content. Kitaboo uses DRM protection to securely publish and distribute content on various digital platforms. The content consumption is monitored through analytics and user insights.
Kitaboo allows publishers to enhance physical books with interactive elements and multimedia-enriched content. Interactive training is possible through Kitaboo’s SaaS-based learning platform.
- Publish on multiple devices & platforms
- Easy integration with existing LMS
- LTI compliant
- Secure distribution & offline access
- DRM protection and encryption
- White-labeled app
- In-built analytics for tracking content consumption
KITABOO comes with flexible pricing options based on your requirements. Click here to schedule a free demo and pricing discussion.
Joomag is an all-round digital publishing platform offering interactive content creation, multi-channel distribution, corporate communication, performance tracking, and monetization. It is designed to meet every publisher’s needs, big or small.
Though this digital publishing platform doesn’t offer responsive design across devices, it can easily integrate audio and video into your digital publication along with impressive analytics.
- Over 300 pre-designed templates
- Interactive elements and rich media for content creation
- Distribution on different channels, custom apps, and through email campaigns
- Customizable lead capture forms
- Analytics for content, traffic, and engagement insights
- Sell subscription packages
- Multi-platform optimization
Joomag offers 4 membership plans – Start ($39/month); Grow ($79/month); Scale ($149/month); and Enterprise (pricing varies according to the requirements). You can start your free 14 day trial with the scale plan.
The Readz digital publishing platform assists businesses to create immersive and interactive content solutions and makes the publishing and distribution process hassle-free. It offers structured modules along with a wide range of animations and visual editors.
Readz offers businesses a well equipped digital publishing platform that allows content creation and design with inbuilt templates. This is a result-focused digital publishing platform for marketing and advertising businesses.
- Indesign import
- Customized design studio
- SEO tools
- Integrated analytics for content conversions
- Interactive elements for an immersive experience
- Central dashboard for traffic data and conversion reports
Offers 1 membership plan: Studio ($250/month) You can avail customized services with add-ons on offer.
Zmags is a digital publishing platform specialized in publishing and distribution of instant, shoppable content. It transforms offline assets into digitally interactive content to deliver an engaging experience to the users. With this digital publishing platform, you can create content and publish it immediately.
This publishing platform offers drag-and-drop technology for easy creation and quick delivery of content to drive user engagement and boost conversions. Zmags brings your content to life with the latest technology and optimizes resources to drive desired results.
- Drag-and-drop tool for content creation
- Interactive shopability features
- Embeddable animations
- Guided selling tools
- Integration with Google Analytics
- Offline content access
- Analytics to monitor conversions
The pricing starts at $5000/year. Publishers can contact the support team to discuss customized pricing plans.
MagLoft empowers print publishers, agencies, and businesses to become digital publishers, offering them digital publishing platform services through customized native apps for iOS, Android, and desktop. It aids publishers of all sizes, offering them software solutions to develop mobile and web applications to serve as a digital publishing platform.
- Responsive content editor tool
- Fully responsive and interactive widgets
- Deploys apps on Android, iOS, and Windows smartphones and tablets
- Custom subscription plans
- Analytics to track app usage, engagement and conversion metrics
Features 4 pricing plans.
Indie Publisher (Free plan); Online Publisher ($29/month); Mobile Publisher ($299/month); Business ($499/month)
YUDU lets you publish online with HTML, PDF, audio-video content to web, iOS, Windows, and Android. It is a digital publishing platform offering a full spectrum of business documentation to both web and applications.
YUDU publishing platform provides advanced tools for controlling and monitoring distribution, gathering GDPR-compliant data, and analyzing engagement metrics. It also helps the publishers develop communication apps to explore new distribution channels for them.
- PageTiler browser delivery method
- Branded app delivery
- Offline application access
- Centralized data hubs
- Custom subscription models
- Feature-rich publishing
- Communication and alerting tools
- In-app purchases
Publishers will need to get in touch with the YUDU team to discuss and customize pricing plans according to their requirements.
This digital publishing platform helps content creators and creative professionals to bring their visions to life. Quark leverages the most modern and efficient design software to create smart digital publishing platforms.
IT provides a SaaS platform designed to fulfill all your digital publishing, content management and automation, marketing and sales enablement needs. QuarkXPress is the product developed with modern design software to serve as a digital publishing platform.
- Modern design software for content creation and distribution
- Integration with lead generation software
- Sales enablement software – Docurated
- Analytics dashboards for site usage, content activity, searches, and topic actions.
QuarkXPress offers 1 year, 2 years, 3 years advantages at $395, $625, and $ 795 respectively. To know more about their discount offers, you can visit the Quark Store.
So, these were some of the best digital publishing platforms you would find in the market. It is important for publishers to choose the most appropriate tool based on their needs and budget. Whether you are looking to create content from scratch or want to convert the existing content into an interactive digital experience, the right digital publishing platform will surely make your life easy and offer your readers an immersive experience that they will cherish for a long time.
- Finding the Best ebook Creator | 10 Best ebook creation software
- How to Identify the Best eBook Conversion Services
- 9 Best Cross-Platform eBook Readers
- Best Practices in Publishing & Distributing eBooks at Scale
- Best eBook Publishing Strategies Every Publisher Must Know!
- How to Create an Interactive eBook in 10 Steps
- 8 Highly Effective Digital Publishing Strategies
Latest posts by Mike Harman (see all)
- How to Select the Best Digital Publishing Platform - June 25, 2020
- 7 Best Digital Publishing Platforms for Your Business - June 11, 2020
- 8 eBook Conversion Tools Compatible with Multiple Formats - June 4, 2020