In today’s digital age, eBooks are fast replacing conventionally printed books. The lightweight and portable nature of these eBooks makes them an easy option to carry wherever you go.
However, finding the best PDF eBook reader can be quite challenging if you are not aware of certain aspects such as operating system compatibility, PDF format, etc.
In this blog, we share the 5 best PDF eBook readers for Windows and Android OS along with their features, pros, and cons to make the decision easier for you.
Related Read: The Best ePUB Readers for Windows
5 Best PDF eBook Readers for Windows and Android Users -
PDF is a popular format that almost all eReaders support. But, it is difficult to view PDF files on screens with restricted size and resolution.
Therefore, the most important thing that you need to consider before choosing a PDF eBook reader is that the data in PDF format has to be reflowable to make it fit the screen width and size of different eReaders available in the market today.
Some of the best PDF readers for Windows and Android that you can look at include-
KITABOO is an interactive eBook reader for Windows and Android users that supports multiple formats, including PDF.
Among some of the key features of the KITABOO eBook reader are-
- The platform has an offline reading feature that allows you to download your eBooks and read them anytime on your devices.
- Offers a clean and intuitive interface.
- Comes with an autoplay option which allows you to open the PDF eBook and read-aloud page by page.
- The software accepts most file formats, including PDF, ePUB, PRC, TXT, PNG, MOBI, CBR, DOCX, and more.
- Allows users to make notes, bookmark pages, highlight texts, and much more.
- Fully compatible with multiple operating systems, including Windows, Android, and iOS
- Offers an interactive reading experience by supporting video, audio, and images
- Could not come across anything significant.
2. Aldiko eBook Reader
This is another excellent PDF eBook reader that allows Windows and Android users to conveniently download and read their eBooks on their mobile devices.
The key features of Aldiko include-
- Most eBooks on this PDF eBook reader are free and can be easily downloaded from within the app
- The platform offers a customized reading experience in terms of background color, font, and margin
- The platform allows you to create your own bookmarks anywhere in the book and jump to a different section of the book through the table of contents
- With Aldiko, users can browse a wide range of eBooks from anywhere and at any time
- The platform enables users to download and read books on their mobile devices
- A large number of eBooks can be downloaded from varied sources, and many of them are free
- The platform supports only ePUB, PDF, and Adobe DRM formats
Related Read: Best ePUB Readers for iOS
3. Google Play Books
Google Play Books is a free PDF eBook reader compatible with Windows, Android, and iOS apps. All you need to do to access it is sign in with a Google account.
Here are some of the key features of Google Play Books –
- Allow users to change fonts, text size, line height, etc. and also to switch between day and night settings
- PDF or unprotected ePUB files can be easily uploaded for reading with the Google Play Books app
- Features such as bookmarks, reading positions, and notes are synced across all devices when logged in with the same Google account
- Allows you to search within book text, look up words in the dictionary, or the web
- The PDF eBook reader offers multiple choices of flowing text and many scanned pages
- It gives you free eBooks after you first sign up
- Advanced features such as 3D page turn for reading PDF eBooks
- Mandatory to have a Google account to sign in to the app
How to Build an eBook Store
The popularity of PDF format in eBooks is huge. A dedicated PDF eBook reader and editor to view your PDF files and take notes conveniently can enhance your overall reading experience.
These PDF eBook reader apps are an excellent tool that is well designed for reading PDF-based eBooks. If you are also looking for a good PDF eBook reader option, the names listed above are certainly worth considering.
Contact our expert team now and get started!
To know more, write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Are these eBook readers free to use?
A: Yes, all the mentioned eBook readers offer free versions with essential features. Some may have premium versions with additional functionalities.
Q: Can I use these PDF readers offline?
A: Yes, most of these eBook readers allow offline reading after downloading the eBooks to your device.
Q: Do these readers support other eBook formats besides PDF?
A: Yes, many of them support various formats like ePub, MOBI, TXT, and more, depending on the reader.
Q: Can I sync my reading progress across devices?
A: Yes, several eBook readers offer cloud integration, allowing you to sync your reading progress across multiple devices.
Q: Can I annotate and highlight text in these PDF readers?
A: Yes, KITABOO supports annotation and highlighting features.
Q: Are these PDF readers suitable for both Windows and Android devices?
A: KITABOO is compatible with Windows and Android.
- 11 Best Publishing Platforms for Authors
- 8 Best eBook Hosting Platforms For Digital Publishing
- How to Create and Sell eBooks Online in 10 Steps
- 5 Best PDF eBook Readers for Windows and Android Users
- How to Open and Convert ePub Files?
- A Comprehensive Guide to Creating Interactive Workbooks for Schools
You May Also Like